The AGM is fast approaching and some of the committee roles are becoming vacant. Below you will find a list of the current committee positions along with a description of the responsibilities tied to each one.
Every year the committee must be voted in, no matter if the role is being given up or not.
The band constitution states that a committee member may only be in the role for a maximum of five years before needing to change role or leave the committee.
If you have any further questions about the committee, the roles, or the AGM, please email - firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAIR (To Date: Daisy)
- Lead general direction of band, working with the Committee and Musical Director
- Chair committee meetings.
- Give notices to the band during the break in weekly rehearsals and any appropriate notices or directions at band concerts/engagements.
- Countersign outgoing payments from band’s bank account, alongside Treasurer.
- Any other duties at discretion of role holder – i.e. aside from the above duties, this role can be as hands on or hands off as the Chair would like.
LIBRARIAN (To Date: Richard)
- Manage RWB’s music library, including requesting pieces from holders of the library as directed by the MD and sorting and returning pieces to library holders when the band has finished with them.
- Update and maintain RWB’s library records (Excel spreadsheet).
- Follow an agreed process for loaning music from RWB’s library to other bands.
MEMBERSHIP (To Date: Justine)
- Manage the band’s membership records, including current and former members.
- Ensure the band’s membership records adhere to band policies governing data collection/protection and data retention.
- Issue all new members of the band with new joiner documents and information on subs etc.
- Circulate attendance polls to band members in good time before concerts/engagements and flag to the Chair and MD any sections with low attendance.
SECRETARY (To Date: Katherine)
- Take minutes at committee meetings.
- Manage band’s stock of ‘uniform’ (shirts and t-shirts), selling items to band members when required and ordering new stock as needed.
TREASURER (To Date: Simon)
- Manage the band’s finances, ensuring accurate record keeping and accounting procedures are met.
- Manage the process of members paying subs to the band, chasing non-payment where necessary in conjunction with the Membership Secretary.
- Set up outgoing payments from the band’s accounts to settle invoices from MD and others.
- Raise invoices when required and chase payment of same if required.
- Flag to the Chair and rest of the committee in good time any areas of concern regarding the band’s finances.
- Submit financial return to Charity Commission.
- Arrange and maintain band’s insurance with Making Music.
- Fill out forms and make payment of Performing Rights fees.
- Fill out forms and submit annual claim to HMRC for gift aid return.
- Check and prepare end of year profit and loss accounts together with a report on band finances for AGM at the end of each year.
EVENTS (To Date: Charlotte)
- Act as the first point of contact for arranging events for the band – contacting venues about availability and booking venues for band concerts/engagements.
- Keep all members of the band updated with the dates of engagements, dates of alternative rehearsal venues etc.
- Act as the main point of liaison for the band with the regular rehearsal venue (currently Redland Church Halls).
- Be responsible for finding alternative rehearsal venues in the event regular venue is unavailable.
DIGITAL MEDIA (To Date: Hannah)
- Manage, update and maintain the band’s website and social media accounts.
- Regularly review hosting arrangements for the band’s website.
- Identify opportunities for the band to maximise use of website and social channels for ticket sales and member recruitment.
- Create and produce promotional material to advertise band concerts (posters and flyers) and set up and maintain Eventbrite link for ticket sales.
- Create and produce programmes for band concerts.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS 1&2 (To Date: Sue, Roz)
No specific duties associated with roles but vital for smooth running of the committee and band! Over past year, Sue and Roz have helped a great deal with research, documentation and providing support to the other committee roles, especially during the past 6 months with lockdown and getting the bad back on it's feet.
VACANT ROLES 2020
- Committee Member 1